Date(s) - 18/11/2016
11:00 - 17:00
The River Lee
As Cork Film Festival continues to expand its focus on high quality Irish and International Documentary Cinema, this new flagship event brings together Irish and international industry leaders to discuss the landscape in which projects are conceived of, developed and distributed. The packed day will address agenda-setting issues within the industry and explore the worlds of festival programming, the changing landscapes of commissioning and distribution, and explore unique productions.
The day is aimed at established directors, producers and writers – anyone serious about growing their career in documentary. Doc Day seeks to inform, debate, inspire and connect through a range of panel discussions, case studies and talks which address the needs and interests of the documentary community and industry. Importantly, the day offers participants and industry members the opportunity to network with industry leaders, peers and key figures from the international marketplace.
To close out the day, we are honoured to welcome keynote speaker Kim Longinotto, a paragon of documentary filmmaking.
Speakers at Doc Day will include:
- Kim Longinotto (Filmmaker)
- Sarafina DiFelice (Associate Director of Programming, Hot Docs)
- Luke W Moody (Director of Film Programming, Sheffield Doc/Fest)
- Laure Bonville (Documentary programmer, BFI London Film Festival)
- Oli Harbottle (Head of Distribution, Dogwoof)
- Mike Lerner (prod./dir., Roast Beef Productions, The Russian Woodpecker, Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer)
- Rich Warren (Director, Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival)
- Anna Berthollet (Festivals & Non-Theatrical Sales Coordinator, Taskovski Films)
- Patrick O’Neill (CEO, Wildcard Distribution)
- Maya Zinshtein (dir., Forever Pure)
- Alan Maher (CEO / Producer, Roads Entertainment)