The Cork Film Festival – Marketing Manager
Cork Film Festival is Ireland’s first film festival, loyally supported by Corkonians, and attracting visitors from all over Ireland and abroad. Reflecting an unstinting curiosity, appetite and appreciation for the arts, the Festival aims to excite, entertain and inspire audiences of all ages through a wide range of ground breaking and visionary films. Presented over ten days in November, the Festival is a showcase of the best international and Irish features, documentaries and shorts, and also includes programmes for schools, families, a focus on film and mental health (Illuminate), and specialist Industry Days, including Doc Day. Its awards for Grand Prix Irish and Grand Prix International Short are Academy Award® qualifying, ensuring that the winners in Cork automatically join the Oscars’ longlist.
In 2017, the Festival has undertaken a comprehensive review of its operation and is set to deliver an exciting, refreshed and refocussed event in November, which will in turn support our ambitious strategic plans in the lead up to the Festival’s 65th anniversary in 2020.
The Festival is led by Fiona Clark, Festival Producer and CEO, and in 2017 we are thrilled to be joined by international Guest Programme Director, Michael Hayden, formerly of the IFI and BFI London Film Festival.
The Marketing Manager will play a significant senior role and will be key in developing and delivering the Festival’s marketing and communications strategy. Working closely with the Festival’s Producer, Programming Team, Digital Marketing Coordinator, and PR Company, the Marketing Manager will lead on all programmatic marketing activity, and contribute to the ongoing strategic development of the Festival. The Festival benefits from significant institutional and partnership support, including media partners RTE, The Irish Examiner, and Red FM.
The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive demonstrable experience in an arts festival marketing role, ideally film, and they will have knowledge and experience of all key aspects of marketing and communications. Based at the Festival’s central Cork city offices, the contract is offered on a four-five month fixed term basis, initially.
Reporting to: Producer and CEO
Key Internal Relationships:
Guest Programme Director 2017
Senior Programmer and Programmers
Digital Marketing Co-ordinator
Key External Relationships:
Web and Graphic Designers
This job description provides an outline of the key day-to-day and strategic responsibilities of the role.
Key Job Purpose
Responsibilities include the following key areas:
- Festival Marketing Strategy and Delivery
- Box Office revenue generation
- Media Partner and Supplier Management
- Audience Development, analysis and reporting
- Budget Management
- Develop and implement the Festival’s marketing strategy, utilising a range of disciplines including direct marketing, advertising, promotions, etc., and digital marketing (managed by the Digital Marketing Co-ordinator)
- Manage the Digital Marketing Co-ordinator to successfully deliver the Festival’s digital strategy.
- Manage the design and delivery of all Festival assets, on time and within budget, in particular the Festival Brochure, liaising with external designers and suppliers.
- Manage the content for the Festival’s website, including programme upload, liaising with the web designer and ticketing software provider.
- Manage the Box Office function to ensure that an excellent customer service experience is delivered on a consistent basis.
- Be responsible for meeting box office targets and audience reach across the full range of the Festival’s activities.
- Work closely with the Festival’s PR company to maximise opportunities for the Festival to develop its relationships with the media.
- To champion the consideration of audience development and engagement in relation to Festival programming and public affairs.
- Be responsible for the overall image and profile of the Festival and how it communicates at all levels, maximising the profile and patronage of the Festival as a leading cultural event in Cork.
- Ensure that the CFF’s objectives and activities are communicated effectively to the public and key stakeholders.
- Ensure that analysis and measurement of all activities are undertaken and reported on, as required post-Festival.
- Act as relationship manager for agencies and suppliers to the Marketing function, including website, design, advertising agencies.
- In concert with the Producer, develop and manage the Festival’s partners, including local hotels and restaurants, and support the development of the Festival’s engagement schemes, including Friends, Corporate Members and Sponsors.
- Support the work of the Producer and undertake any other tasks as may be deemed reasonable and appropriate.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong examples from their experience highlighting that they have both the capability and desire for this role.
The ideal Candidate should:
- Have the flair and creativity to devise effective marketing and communications strategies, and have a proven track record of managing marketing campaigns in a film/arts and festival environment.
- Have knowledge and expertise in all marketing channels and be aware of trends and developments in both above and below-the-line marketing.
- Demonstrable experience in the areas of planning and budget management.
- Be highly organised, able to work in a busy work environment, and an effective communicator.
- Literate with all basic computer packages (essential) and design packages (desireable).
- Have excellent time and project management skills, be motivated, energetic and results driven.
- Strong people management skills, a positive attitude and exemplary team skills.
- A natural capacity to facilitate productive relationships with suppliers, staff, and volunteers.
- Combine vision with the ability to make things happen, and can work on their own initiative.
Please email a letter of application (max. 2 pages), outlining relevant skills and experience, together with your with CV to email@example.com with ‘Marketing Manager’ in the subject line, by Monday 14th August. Interviews will take place on 17th/18th August, for an immediate start on 21st August.