Films from Home
- IFI: New IFI Podcast series is now available! Whether you are looking for new releases to view-on-demand, classics or interviews, they have all you need to keep you entertained during lockdown. Find out more
- Curzon are offering a 15% discount on their In Cinemas Now Collection. Using the promo code ATHOME15 Find Out More
- From May Day VIFF have three powerful and important new non-fiction films to share in their virtual cinema. Capital in the Twenty First-Century adapted from Piketty’s essential book. Free Lunch Society about the case for a universal basic income; and Yung Chang’s This is Not a Movie. Also available three films with a feline theme: Roar with Tippi Hedren; Kedi, about the street cats of Istanbul; and Best of Cat Video Fest, available on a pay-what-you-will rental. Find out more
- Available now on the BFI Player, you can enjoy highlights from the 2019 London Film Festival, featuring festival winner Monos, a hallucinogenic, intoxicating thriller about South American child soldiers, along with titles from previous editions. Find out more
Something for the Little Film Fans
- Mark Cousins has curated a list of films recommended for 8 year olds and up Films You Can See Now with films from around the world, featuring many different cultures. Find out more.
- Flatpack Festival brings on the fun for 0-6 year olds with Colour Box from 2nd – 10th May. The first of their animated family programmes features Snail the Painter, The Witch and the Baby and if you fancy a bop ShalaBonBon. Find out more.
- For the younger cinema fans, Into Film focus on home learning with the Home Learning Hub. Film highlights this week include Hidden Figures. Their Film Guide reflects on the theme of discrimination and the history of the space race. The short film Don’t Kill Derek made by young people entirely from home, offers some lockdown inspiration. Find out more
Virtual Arts Experiences
- The Lewis Glucksman Gallery: Home from Home – Irish Artists respond to the COVID 19 restrictions is a new online initiative that presents artistic reflections on the challenges, frustrations and boredom of self-isolation as well as the capacity to create and connect in these unprecedented times. Their Creativity At Home invites you to discover fun and easy ways to make art at home. Find out more
- Europavox: Save the date: Saturday May 9th. The European Union and Europavox will present a great musical journey for this day that unites Europeans! Find out more