- IFI: New Irish films available to view on demand include Neasa Hardiman’s debut feature Sea Fever, available on a variety of platforms; Nick Rowland’s Calm with Horses, available to rent or buy; and the 2018 IFI Documentary Festival film When All Is In Ruin Once Again, available to rent for 30 days.
- Curzon are offering a 15% discount on their In Cinemas Now Collection. Using the promo code ATHOME15 Find Out More
Something for the Little Film Fans
- For the younger cinema fans, Into Film presents ten films from Wednesday 22nd April to celebrate Earth Day, with a selection of the finest eco-conscious movies online. They have curated a list of the best eco-conscious films available to stream. Each title is accompanied by a downloadable resource that can be used at home or in the classroom. Find out More
- This week VIFF brings you four extraordinary documentary films to share in their virtual cinema. Audience favourite Beyond the visible – Hilma af Klint, described as one of the best films ever made about fine art. The Booksellers and CFF2019 music documentary highlight, a lovely complement to the record store documentary Other Music. Another CFF2019 highlight, The Cordellira of Dreams is a beautiful movie won best documentary at Cannes last year. And finally from Sundance, the acclaimed Pahokee, a portrait of four high school seniors in a small Florida community. All four titles and more available now, Find out more
- We are One: A Global Film Festival: Youtube is teaming up with the Cannes, Tribeca and Sundance film festivals to host a global digital film festival this May and June. We Are One: A Global Film Festival, with programming from 20 film festivals including, Toronto, Berlin and Venice. The full schedule will be unveiled in the coming weeks and the event runs from May 29 to June 7. Find out more
Virtual Arts Experiences
- The Abbey Theatre’s Dear Ireland: What Should Ireland write on a postcard to itself? The Abbey Theatre’s Dear Ireland initiative commissioned writers from Ireland, to each write a monologue, to be performed by 50 actors and then streamed on their YouTube channel Released over four days and screened in four parts from Tuesday 28th April to Friday 1st May. Find out more
- Business to Arts Artists-In-Residence Series: This weeks offering in the Business to Arts, Artists-In-Residence series features; Imagining a Melody – Composing with pianist and composer Marie Carroll. Available live on Friday 1st, 1pm via the Business to Arts Facebook page This weekly live series takes place every Friday lunchtime. Find out more.
- Germany’s Museum Villa Rot bring you #stayathome – Films about inside and outside. An online video art exhibition, available until June 1st. Find out more
- Goethe-Institute presents a new global cultural platform Kultrama Digital: Artists and cultural institutions can upload their digital offerings free of charge, making them available to an international audience. The platform welcomes both experimental and classic formats. Find out more